Barre Blaze with Julie Simon
Barre Blaze is a Barre class set to lively infectious drum beats from Cuba Africa and beyond, this class is a beautiful blend of world dance techniques and barre fitness that define and sculpt your body. Traditional stretching gets a global twist through heart pumping rhythms and innovative movements that focus on the principles of core strengthening and muscle elongation. To see a sample click the link below:
Venmo @JulieSimonDance or
Instructor Bio :
Dance Artist Julie Simon, has been a professional dancer for 30 years performing in styles ranging from Brazilian, Caribbean and Latin Dances, to and Afro-Contemporary Dance Styles.
She was based in Northern Ca. for 7 years, Africa for 4 months, Europe for 7 years training and performing internationally in 14 different countries before returning to her native Southern California. She began teaching in 2003 through the urging of her mentor Eneida Castro.
A few highlights include :
- 2003-Present Teaching Artist.
- 2006 Founded Tropicaleiza Dance Company – most recent showing was for TED Women Bold and Brilliant
- 2010-Present Curator “World Dance Intensives” Featuring Master Instructors specializing in Afro Brazilian Dance, Afro Cuban Dance and West African Dance.
- 2011 Speaker for UCR TedX event speaking on he Transformative Power of Dance.
- 2012- 2018 Partnered with Room To Dance Studio and opened World To Dance Studio, now Infuse Dance Studio featuring classes from all over the globe for adults.
- 2013 Creation of Muvuca Bateria, an all female 18 piece Brazilian inspired drum ensemble.
- 2014-Present Choreographer in residence MSJC
- 2016 Premier of Lover|Fighter|Mother|Queen a full length dinner show honoring the complex and vital art of the feminine
- 2017- Present Faculty Instructor -International Dance Festival in Palm Springs
- 2018 Launch of the JSMethod, an extensive dance training program. For a full description of JSMethod www.juliesimondance.com
- 2019 Launch of Global Flow -Dance infused Power/Vinyasa Yoga.
- 2020 Teaching Tour France, Belgium, Amsterdam.
Currently Julie teaches weekly classes now virtual, workshops and residencies, continues performing with both Tropicaleiza and Muvuca.
Class information is gathered through community submissions. Dancing Alone Together takes no responsibility for class quality or errors in event data.