Online Choreographic Mentorship Program with Anabella Lenzu
Online Choreographic Mentorship Program: https://www.anabellalenzu.com/workshops
I am very pleased to offer this #mentorship opportunity and share my 30 years of experience and knowledge as a teacher, choreographer, and dancer.
DANCE COMPOSITION/ CHOREOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Saturdays, July 11, 18 & 25, 2020
11am-2pm New York Time- EDT
12pm-3pm Argentina & Brazil
5pm-8pm European Countries- CEST
This workshop will give you the tools to create your own original dances, exploring the elements of composition, both for the stage as well as for dance films. We will examine the creative process by learning how to take risks, transition from thinking to feeling to making artistic choices. Through short in-class assignments and extensive work outside of class, students will investigate both form and content in choreography. Participants will create and perform solo studies based on choreographic problems. We look not only at what you dance but also ask the question “Why do you dance?” Dance is the expressive medium of our heart, mind, and soul.
- To understand choreographic elements and design.
- To utilize movement exploration and improvisation to develop movement vocabulary.
- To develop subject matter.
- To identify choreographic forms.
- To recognize choreographic styles.
- To develop the skill to critically and articulately analyze a dance with an objective eye.
- To learn how to give feedback, appreciate, and respect each other creative process.
- To develop the skills of critical thinking.
- To give you confidence in understanding what you are seeing.
- To help develop a sense of your own aesthetic tastes.
ALL CLASSES VIA ZOOM.
INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION, FEEDBACK, AND GUIDANCE FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL.
THEORETICAL MATERIAL IS INCLUDED.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 10 STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP.
TO APPLY: PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER EXPLAINING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING AND YOUR RESUME TO INFO@ANABELLALENZU.COM BY JULY 1, 2020.
PLEASE DESIGNATE WHAT WORKSHOP YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.
THE COST OF EACH WORKSHOP IS $150 PER PERSON. $50 DISCOUNT WHEN TAKING BOTH WORKSHOPS
NOTE: AT THE END OF EACH WORKSHOP YOU WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
Class information is gathered through community submissions. Dancing Alone Together takes no responsibility for class quality or errors in event data.