TED Talks has compiled a list of inspiring, standout performances from their events.
The Joyce Theater has pulled together a list of online platforms to visit to stream dance performances, films, and talks.
Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive is an ever-growing collection with hundreds of dance videos filmed at Jacob’s Pillow from the 1930s to today, plus illustrated essays.
Sadler’s Wells partnered with Nowness to compile a list of screendance that speaks to them in times of social distancing.
SF Dance Film Festival has posted all of the 2015-2019 SFDFF Co-Lab films on IGTV. It is also presenting a new Digital Season with watch parties for short dance films and artist talk-backs.
On the Boards is offering free access to OntheBoards.tv to the global community. Head to OntheBoards.tv for unlimited free rentals using the code ARTATHOME20 at checkout!
The Dance Center at Columbia College is sharing full-length performance videos from their archives. Videos will be viewable on their website until the end of May 2020.
Switzerland’s Luzerner Theater is showing daily livestreams or edited videos of small productions from opera, drama, dance and puppet theater. Each Monday the theater’s dance company shares a creation from the ensemble (“Tanz am Montag”).
The Social Distancing Festival is a new platform for celebrating artists and the work that has been cancelled/delayed/disrupted due to COVID-19. Visit their website for a directory of performing arts livestreams from around the world.
Dancing Digital is a NEH-funded project aimed at improving the quality of and access to online dance resources. Visit their website for their wonderful, growing list of online resources.
The kNOwBOX dance Film Festival presents a curation of dance films that use the body and the environment to challenge dance norms. This collection is available on demand via Vimeo.
CDHP is a digital archive of original and collected Chicago dance materials: interviews, recorded public events, digital exhibitions, and archival performance footage.
The following companies are streaming limited-time performance footage on a regular basis:
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: “Ailey All Access” – weekly video series
- Ballet Arkansas: “ENCORE” – videos on Saturdays and Sundays
- Ballet Hispánico: “#BUnidos Wednesday Watch Parties” – Wednesdays, 7pm EDT
- BalletX: Full works shared with their email subscribers on Wednesday evenings
- Baryshnikov Arts Center: “PlayBAC” – weekly video series
- Bates Dance Festival: “BDF @ HOME”– weekly video series updated on Tuesdays
- The Big Muddy Dance Company: “Throwback Thursday Watch Parties” plus videos available on their website
- BodyVox: “StreamingVox”
- Bolshoi Theater: Broadcasting its best classic performances online at their YouTube channel
- Cal Performances (University of California, Berkeley): “Now, More than Ever” – a weekly series of performing arts videos
- Carolina Ballet: weekly performance footage shared on their website
- Cincinnati Ballet: weekly #throwbackthursday videos that are available for 24 hours only beginning each Thursday at 8pm EDT. Link and password information are included in the bio of their Instagram account
- Citadel + Compagnie: “Citadel Online” – new works released every Tuesday at 2PM EDT until June 30. Videos remain available for viewing for the duration of one week.
- Dana Tai Soon Burgess: weekly videos for the month of May to honor Asian American Heritage Month
- English National Ballet: ENB at Home’s “Wednesday Watch Parties”
- Fall for Dance North: four full works available for a limited-time on their Vimeo page
- Fisher Center for Performing Arts at Bard College: “Upstreaming” – weekly videos released on Wednesdays
- The Joyce Theater: “JoyceStream” – videos posted to their YouTube channel
- Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo: “#trocksathome” – weekly videos
- Mariinsky Theater: “Mariinsky.TV” – frequent web broadcasts of productions
- Martha Graham Dance Company: “Martha Matinees” – Wednesdays & Saturdays at 2:30 p.m. EDT on YouTube
- Merce Cunningham Trust: “Centennial Repertory Festival” – the Merce Cunningham Trust and its licensees are offering free public access to streamed performances of a selection of Cunningham repertory presented during the recent Cunningham Centennial Celebration. A new performance will be posted every Monday and each performance will be available for one month
- Mitchell Center for the Arts: “Ten Tiny Dances® in Ten Days” – one five-minute virtual performance will appear each day on their website from April 20-May 1
- New York Live Arts: Three full-length event videos from the Live Arts and Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company video archives posted each week to their website
- Tiny Dance Film Festival: “Retrograde” – releasing new films every Tuesday
- The Royal Ballet: “#OurHousetoYourHouse series“
- Sadler’s Wells: “Digital Stage” – weekly premieres on Facebook
- San Francisco Ballet: “SF Ballet @ Home” – weekly releases on Fridays
- Smuin Ballet: “Hump Day Ballets” – 48-hour streaming access to a pre-recorded performance every Wednesday on Facebook
- Works & Process at the Guggenheim: “Virtual Commissions” – premieres on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube every Sunday and Monday at 7:30pm EDT